The Minnesota Section of the Society of Women Engineers is pleased to announce our
Section and Corporate Partner Scholarships for Fall Semester 2013.
We are offering fourteen tuition-based scholarships
for women students in engineering and computer science
at schools in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.
A copy of the application form for all scholarships offered through our SWE-MN program is attached, or can be downloaded from our website after 12/8/12, www.swe-mn.org Instructions are included on the last page of the application; please follow them carefully. Application for any of the fourteen scholarships in our program is made on this single application form.
We encourage electronic submission of application materials. Electronically submitted applications must be sent by midnight on March 15, 2013; mailed applications must be postmarked no later than March 15, 2013.
All applications for these scholarships are judged by a committee of Minnesota SWE professionals who represent different fields of engineering. Applicants are judged on the basis of their potential to succeed in an engineering career; their communication skills; their involvement in extracurricular or community activities and leadership skills shown in those activities; their demonstrated work experience and success; and their academic success. A copy of the judging criteria is attached. Recipients will be notified by May 1, with the scholarship monies issued for Fall Semester 2013.
Please share these scholarship opportunities with all women students in engineering and computer science.
Section and Corporate Partner Scholarships for Fall Semester 2013
THANK YOU to our corporate partners who have made these scholarships possible!
- Banner Engineering Scholarship
- One $2,000 scholarship for a student of mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Banner Engineering is the sensor market leader with the broadest line of products and solutions in the nation. See www.baneng.com for more information.
- General Dynamics AIS Scholarships
- Three $1,000 scholarships for students of electrical or computer engineering.
- General Dynamics AIS is a leading provider of transformational mission solutions in command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance. See www.gd-ais.com
- GE Women’s Network Engineering Scholarship
- One $2,000 scholarship for a student of chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering.
- The GE Women’s Network supports the professional development of women working at GE by sharing the wisdom of successful women role models: www.ge.com/company/culture/people/womensnetwork.html GE works on things that matter: the best people and technologies taking on the toughest challenges, to find solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance.
- Hormel Foods Scholarship
- Two $1,000 scholarships for students of industrial, mechanical, electrical, civil, or manufacturing engineering, or industrial technology.
- Hormel Foods is a multinational manufacturer and marketer of high-quality, brand-name food and meat products for consumers throughout the world. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com
- LORAM Scholarship
- One $1,000 scholarship for a student of mechanical engineering.
- LORAM is one of the leading suppliers of track maintenance machinery and services in North America and the global market. They deliver advanced equipment, innovative solutions, and unrivaled customer service to maintain and improve railway infrastructure. See www.loram.com for more information.
- Medtronic SWEnet Scholarship
- Three $1,000 scholarships for students of biomedical, chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- SWEnet is a professional network of Society of Women Engineers members who work at Medtronic, the global leader in medical technology, working to change the face of chronic disease. These dedicated women have donated their time and talents to create this scholarship opportunity. For further information on Medtronic, see www.medtronic.com.
- The Minnesota Section Scholarship
- One $1,500 scholarship for a full time women student entering her junior or senior year of an accredited engineering or computer science program at schools in Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
- This scholarship is funded by an endowment of the Minnesota Section of SWE.
- Barr Engineering Scholarship
- Two $1,000 scholarships for students of civil or environmental engineering.
- Barr Engineering Company is an employee owned consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services to industrial clients in power, mining, refining and manufacturing, and to attorneys, government agencies and natural-resource-management organizations. Barr's 700 engineers, scientists and technical specialist help clients develop, manage, and restore natural resources across the Midwest, throughout the Americas, and around the world. For more information, visit www.barr.com.
Copies of this announcement, details of our program, the application form, and a copy of the judging criteria can be obtained by going to www.swe-mn.org and clicking on “scholarships”. If you have further questions about SWE or our scholarship program, please contact us.
Naomi Brill Erica Girard
SWE-MN Scholarship Chair SWE-MN Scholarship Chair